Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Two Reasons Why Boys are Effeminate Today

I have not seen a real man on television in over 15 years. That is because all the males on television today are effeminate.

I have two reasons why.

I grew up in Wisconsin. You know how parents would tell their children that when they were their age they had to walk to school in the snow?

Well, I actually did.

In fact, during the winter in the eighties it seemed like it would snow every other day, sometimes a week or two every day. I lived a half mile from my high school, so I walked to school every day—even when it was snowing. But before I trudged to school through the snow, I had to shovel the sidewalk and the driveway, and we are not talking a mere two inches, but often a foot of snow or more.

Today, I live in North Jersey and even though the winters here are mild compared to Wisconsin winters, it is really pathetic to watch how society here reacts to snow, as if they live in Florida where it never snows.

This morning it snowed—I kid you not—about two inches and the schools ended up having a "delayed opening." Yes, a "delayed opening," something I do not recall existed back in my high school days. If you were late for school because of the snow...tough luck, you were tardy and got demerits. My school did not even think about closing unless there was an actual blizzard which would require at least 14–16 inches and very windy, which would cause 4–8 or higher feet snowdrifts.

Boys today are pampered, fat, lazy, and effeminate.

I want to address another reason we are a soft nation. One of my most favorite memories as a kid was when I was in grade school during the winter months at recess we played "snow tackle football." I absolutely loved it, and so did my guy classmates. One of my favorite teachers was the quarterback for both teams. The best times for playing tackle football was when it was actually snowing. It was a blast to tackle—and be tackled!—in the snow. My favorite play was when our teacher would throw us bombs that would reach to the end of the school yard.

As kids we never thought about how cold it was or whether the inside of our gloves got sloshy wet. We were warm inside because we were playing. And that was all that mattered.

The fall and spring counterpart was dodgeball, but the liberals have outlawed that childhood pastime with an executive order.

Those days are sadly long over. Our generation of boys will never experience that simple joy.

Today, we are a feeble nation where not only our boys are no longer allowed to go outside if it is under 35 degrees, but the very notion of boys playing tackle football during recess is anathema to our effeminizing generation.

We are a soft nation.


10 comments:

  1. I would also like to add the Feminist movement. It was the Feminist movement that sought to destroy gender roles, and when those walls are broken down...men have nothing to stand on and thus a "gender confusion," is created. And I'm sure you can see the spiral that leads from that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walked to school in the snow more than a mile away when I was in Kindergarten and 1st grade in Indiana! Then we moved to California.

    We played dodgeball, kickball, and we kept score. We called each other wussies when we detected cowardice except that the word didn't start with the letter W. We were very bad boys and socially conditioned in such inappropriate ways.

    Thank goodness society is being re-educated without being forced to go to re-education camps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up and currently reside in Ottawa, Canada. Don't talk to me about snow. Compared to you guys... I'm Chuck Norris. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have my own antidote - handwarmers. You know, those packets of who knows what sort of chemicals that heat up when exposed to air? My son is going skiing today in single digit temperatures and insists that if he does not have these handwarmers his hands might get frostbite and fall off the end of his arms.

    I remember growing up and skiing in cotton longjohns with cotton jeans, a cotton shirt and maybe a heavy jacket. No helmet, no gortex, no polypropopoltplylene(?).

    Okay, so I use some of that stuff today - but no handwarmers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've played Volleyball with my friends in the burning heat and suffocating humidity- and occasionally when it started to rain. Do I pass as a real man? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I graduated high school in 1966. Back then, the schools had P.E. (physical education) as a credit requirement for graduation. Today's Texas schools no longer have a P.E. requirement to get a diploma. Remember when there used to be a Presidential fitness scale (I think it started during the Kennedy administration), and we sixth graders would see if we could do x number of pull-ups and pushups and situps to qualify for the certificate? That was a generation ago. Now the only students who get athletic training are those who join in intramural sports. If you play football, or basketball, baseball, or tennis (maybe even golf) then you will get a little exercise. Everyone who doesn't qualify for a team or chooses not to try can graduate with only carpal tunnel syndrome as a potential hazard. What happened?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dave: Two words: Winnipeg, Manitoba.

    I win. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris: @Dave: Two words: Winnipeg, Manitoba.

      I win. :P


      Lol!

      Delete
  8. "I have not seen a real man on television in over 15 years. That is because all the males on television today are effeminate."

    Here's a real man passing on masculine values to his son: HERE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh, memories. From kindergarten through the 2nd grade (early '70s) I walked three blocks and across a railway to school and back every day - often alone, and in the snow for the winter months. One morning in kindergarten I went out in a blizzard. Before I had left, they hadn't called off school, but they had called it off by the time I got to the school. Next to the school was the home of one of my classmates. His mom opened the door and called to me to let me know school had been cancelled and offer for me to come inside and get warm before I went back. I got to playing with my classmate because he had some cool toys and it wasn't until midday before I made my way back. They were about to send out a search party. No worries. I was a big boy.

    This wouldn't happen today. There are still a few masculine role models on TV, like Gibbs on NCIS, but the kid's programs are filled with the "neutered dad" stereotype and Justin Bieber style heartthrobs. In the real world, we see how crime is with such as kidnappings and sex slavery and we respond by being overprotective and keeping our kids from independence by distrusting them. The streets are also filled with every temptation to follow their friends into drugs and parties, so we feel fairly justified in our distrust.

    The only answer I can think of is to be countercultural. Our kids have to be raised understanding that we don't follow the culture around us.

    ReplyDelete